Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Ampersand and Tattoos: My Views

The Ampersand, also known as the " and sign " is known to many to be something different . To me, it's just something that I discovered a few months ago when I was bored and , as usual, perusing through Pinterest.

I saw many types of ampersand's but what spoke to me the most was the face that, when turned on it's side, the ampersand represented a heart. I love signs and symbols, hearts especially.




 I'm in love with the idea of love and to get a tattoo representing it is amazing to me. I'm also a big fan of tattoos, so when I heard that there were also such a thing as an "ampersand tattoo".  I HAD to view some of the pictures and I fell in love with a few of them.

I'm a writer at heart and the fact that one of my favorite tattoos also has a question mark to complete the heart is really cool. In script it looks like "&?" which is also like asking "and?" It sounds sassy and full of attitude, all in all a very playful tattoo. Unlike most of the other stereotypes that give tattoos a bad name.





Tattoos aren't always hardcore and grungy, they can be delicate or meaningful. I've always wished that people could understand that. Every tattoo isn't rushed and "heat of the moment" some people wait their whole lives building portfolios of tattoos that they want to get all over they're body while others give themselves only minuscule tattoos. Personally, I believe that people should have the right to choose whether or not they get one and if so how many. We shouldn't have to be afraid of what other people say and let that sway our choices.






No comments:

Post a Comment